Tuesday 9 February 2010

Halfway there... or just half-hearted?

I'm in a half-and-half situation at the moment. This week has been a great week for exercise... I've been to the gym, done a Spinning class and dragged my fiance on a 4-mile walk. So I've probably burned off at least 1,000 calories. But I just can't seem to stop giving in to temptation on the food front!

At every corner there is a cake, a glass of wine or a takeaway meal and I haven't got the willpower to say 'no!' to any of them at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly pigging out here but I'm not often hungry, either. And I don't think I'm going to lose any weight if I keep giving into temptation.

I don't know why I am less motivated on some days than others and I don't see there are any specific reasons for me overeating... I'm quite busy and happy at the moment so it's not a depression thing. Maybe it's the time of the month. I am due to weigh in today so I will soon see if this is all in my mind or if those snacks have actually stopped me from losing or, even worse, made me gain weight.

Has anyone got any good tips to avoid giving in to high-calorie treats? Cos if you have, I'd like to here them! And if anyone knows where I can buy some bottled willpower, let me know...

No comments:

Post a Comment