Saturday 24 October 2009

The plan (First Post)

Having been a yo-yo dieter since the age of 17, I have, at the grand old age of 27, come to the conclusion that I must be doing something wrong.

I've tried everything: SlimFast, cabbage soup, the British Heart Foundation's 3-day diet (for obese people who are awaiting surgery and desperately need to shed a few pounds before doctors risk opening them up), Slimming World and, more recently, WeightsWatchers (WW), which worked.

It worked so well that I lost 20lb in three months and I thought I'd cracked it. With an impending wedding (August 2010) I rushed to a bridal shop and got measured up for my dream dress. Then, I promptly put 7lbs back on.

I know why, it's becasue I ate too much. There. I said it. No excuses... like the ones I've been using for the past few weeks, as my clothes got gradually tighter and I started catching people taking sneaky "is she pregnant?" glances at my swollen tummy. It wasn't because my WW meeting closed, or that I have been stressed after my cat went missing and we agreed a sale on our house. It wasn't because I decided to cut out sugar and my body was adjusting. It was because I ate too much.

So here's the plan... this weekend is my final blow-out. It's my fiance's birthday on Monday and we've already had a wine and takeaway to celebrate, not to mention a generous slice of the Nigella Lawson Malteser cake which I so lovingly baked for him. There's a day out shopping to come (with obligatory slap-up lunch) and a family party (complete with sausage rolls). Then that's it. I'm back on the wagon.

But this time it's different. I propose, stupidly or otherwise, to only let 1 drink pass my lips until I break for xmas week. And that's H2O. Corporation pop. Yes, water.


Whether at work, home or out on the razz, I promise I will only let water pass my lips. I will, of course, curb the biscuits and eat healthily too, but I really feel my system needs a good washout, a cleansing, detoxing rinse of the soul. So, from Tuesday 27th October 2009, I am The Watergirl.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Exactly! Drinking only water is one of the rules I set for myself when I began my weight "releasing" (cuz "loss" implies it needs to be found again later on) FrumpyFatAss project.

    It has definitely been an important factor for my weightloss as I was consuming upwards of 1500 calories in beverages alone each day. Woo-hoo! You can do it...you will slide into that wedding dress with ease.

    And after your wedding, may you always be able to try it back on even decades later.

    ReplyDelete